- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Massage Therapy from Our Local Redwood City Chiropractor
At Awender Chiropractic, we believe in whole-body healing for each and every patient. Because we know that pain and mobility loss have many symptoms, causes, and underlying side effects, we give our patients many treatment options too. Massage therapy makes a great supplement to our chiropractic care, and we also offer massage therapy as a standalone treatment for a wide variety of conditions and injuries.
If you have aches, pains or muscle tension, our chiropractor and Redwood City massage therapy team will work together to customize a wellness plan for you. Our goal is to encourage your body's natural healing process while eliminating tension, restriction, and stress in your soft tissue. But what does that look like?
Types of Massage Therapy in Redwood City
You won't find one-size-fits-all treatments at Awender Chiropractic. Just as our chiropractor uses different spinal adjustments and techniques for different patients, our massage therapists use different types of massage therapy to suit their patients' needs. Your massage therapy regimen will reflect your unique symptoms, body, and lifestyle. It may include one or more of these types of massage therapy:
- Swedish Massage – A common technique designed to relax the muscles and decrease stress.
- Advanced/Deep Tissue/Sports Massage – Includes specific strokes, joint mobilization, therapeutic rocking and other advanced techniques that stimulate deep tissue.
- CranioSacral – Promotes natural self-regulation and nourishes the nervous system with light touch and energy work.
- Therapeutic Massage & Manual Therapy – Reduces scars and adhesions by loosening restricted tissue.
- Shiatsu – Japanese for "finger pressure", this deeply relaxing technique combines acupressure and tissue work to target natural pressure points and improve natural energy flow (qi).
- Thai Massage - Combines aspects of yoga, deep stretching, reflexology, and acupressure on the floor with a thick padded mat.
- Pre- & Post-Natal – Swedish massage techniques with modified postures and pressure, to help reduce stress and mobilize muscles for expectant mothers or women recovering from childbirth.
- Chair Massage – On-site massages that boost employee morale and productivity at your workplace.
Why Our Redwood City Chiropractor Recommends Massage Therapy
Your body is a complex network of bones, tissue, and nerves that works together to keep you functional and pain-free. If you have a spinal misalignment, ligament tear, joint injury, nerve compression, or any other problem that affects the musculoskeletal system, you may have inflamed or restricted tissue that is preventing your body from fully healing. Our Redwood City massage therapists have experience with everything from work-related stress to pregnancy fatigue and athletic injuries, and they will work with you to customize the ideal massage for you.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Local Massage Therapist in Redwood City Today!
If you need massage therapy near Redwood City, you're in luck. Our chiropractic center is right in the heart of Redwood City, and our massage therapy team is a trio of talented professionals who are passionate about healing and currently accepting new patients. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with a massage therapist in Redwood City.